'Till Next Time, Indeed!

Hello y'all!

Today we're going to say our goodbyes. 

We have come to the end. The semester is about to be over, and so is my blog. 

This year was by far the most stressful and challenging year of my life. Thankfully, I haven't lost a close one or had covid-19. Yet my life altered drastically. The education as we know is not a thing anymore and no one knows when -or if we'll have it back.

This blog though has been the highlight of my year. 

Before I took my Educational Technologies course, I had a blackboard-book kind of a view on teaching. I'd thought I was a cool and modern teacher. Boy, I was wrong.

When I was given my first task, creating this blog, I was perplexed. I couldn't understand what this had anything to do with teaching. But as the year went by, I understood. I learnt, discovered, collaborated and hopefully grew as a teacher.

I learnt how to use Canva (my new best friend), Padlet, Wiki and how to Podcast. I learnt what apps to use and NOT to use.  

Surprisingly among all the tasks, the ones that challenged me the most have been the ones I enjoyed the most. I especially loved podcasting and story-telling tasks. They got me out of my comfort zone. I'd always hated the tone of my voice and my accent. Yet after hearing it a million times I spotted my mistakes and embraced my voice.

I loved book review task a lot as I finally had a place to talk about my cheesy books. But didn't really enjoy the wordcloud task as it didn't require any creativity.

It may be the end of this blog but I will keep blogging under a different name. The future is a mystery, but technology is a part of mine anymore. 

'Till next time at new opportunities.









Comments

Popular Posts